Monday, November 3, 2008

A tissue please

I watched a couple of movies this weekend while my husband was away visiting his grandmother. Romantic comedy was on the agenda.
I watched 27 Dresses, which my sister reviewed and didn't love. I liked it. It was predictable, but I don't want any crazy surprises like the heroine getting offed in the last minute of the movie.
Movie # 2 was P.S. I love you. It was not what I had anticipated based on the jacket cover. It was about a couple who had been married 10 years, and the husband dies (in the first 10 minutes, we don't see this, we join in at the wake). Not so much comedy. 3 weeks after the funeral is the wife's birthday and her husband had arranged a cake and letter to be delivered to her. He tells her to go out and do certain things and that there will be other letters to come. So the movie is her remembering their love, mourning him, and learning she must go on . I would alternately laugh and then cry. It was a tissue box movie. Good thing I was alone.

No comments: