Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday July 12; triathlon

I participated in a triathlon today (1 mile swim, 27 mile bike, 5 mile run). The race went very well . I was hoping to finish in about 2.5 hours and it took me 2:32:50, so I was right on! The swim was too warm for a wet suit (84F). I finished in about 30 minutes and that is my average time for a 1 mile swim. The bike course was pretty technical (hilly) with a 1 mile 7.5% grade clime around mile 21! I averaged 19.3 MPH on the bike which is good for me. The run went well, hot, but good. I only got passed by two people on the run and I held a good pace. Overall I was 74th out of about 450 people, so I am very happy with that.
All and al l a good race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Was the race local? We are dealing with hot and really humid weather, lots of severe storms the past few days. Hope yours was nicer!